09 September 2021 – The Club of Rome seeks to amplify its thought leadership and deliver concrete outcomes through its five Impact Hubs: Planetary Emergency; Emerging New Civilization(s) (ENCI); Reframing and Reclaiming Economics; Rethinking Finance; Youth and Intergenerational Dialogues.
ENCI inquires how renewed concepts and practices of human civilization(s) could emerge from the many emergencies humanity faces today. Crossing the threshold from emergency to emergence is not only a process of raising people’s awareness and disseminating knowledge we already have. It is largely about learning new ways of becoming human, which we have not yet explored or forgotten, in order to achieve wellbeing within a healthy biosphere.
The Club of Rome International Secretariat is looking for a dynamic and highly motivated Program Manager to manage a series of activities and projects, with a particular focus on its Emerging New Civilization(s) Impact Hub (ENCI) and its connections with the Youth & Intergenerational Dialogues Impact Hub (Youth). The role also involves interacting with all of the Club of Rome’s Impact Hubs and projects, and supporting CoR activities such as the Earth4All project, to ensure that worldviews from Most of the World (Africa, Asia, Latin America, indigenous cultures) are properly represented in the debates and the outcomes.
- Provide key contributions to the strategic development of the ENCI Impact Hub, under supervision of its coordinators (Co-President and Treasurer),
- Facilitate and coordinate contributions by other CoR members and third parties relevant to the strategic goals of ENCI,
- Elaborate content together with main ENCI contributors and senior advisors, and participate in high-level engagements,
- Contribute to the strategic design and implementation of Youth Impact Hub activities,
- Actively contribute to activities of funding development: Relationship and partnership building, Conception and development of content and proposals, Writing of funding applications,
- Manage ENCI projects, including team leadership when applicable and project accountability and administration together with CoR Office manager and other team members,
- Collaborate with the Secretariat team and participants and partners of other Impact Hubs,
- Elaborate briefings, funding proposals, conference materials, presentations, annual reports, official correspondence, communication and training materials, in collaboration with ENCI coordinators (currently CoR Co-President and Treasurer),
- Devise work plans and strategy documents for ENCI which identify the outcomes and outputs required to achieve the Club’s objectives,
- Conceive and execute the organisation of workshops, roundtable discussions, conferences and other events related to projects within the Impact Hub,
- Support internal and external communication, as required, as well as the work of CoR Communication Manager,
- Assist the Treasurer and Office Manager by providing appropriate financial and administrative information, and contribute to budget and reporting preparations for specific projects within the Impact Hub,
- Other tasks as required, including supporting the Co-Presidents, Treasurer and Hub leads, in undertaking their work on behalf of the Club.
- Master’s degree in International Affairs, Political Science, Environmental Sciences, Social Sciences, Environmental Humanities, or similar;
- With a deep interest in civilizational challenges of humanity and global sustainability, and in responses such as new perspectives on education, learning and human development; regenerative and decolonial approaches; new economic thinking, etc;
- Very strong written and spoken English; knowledge of at least one additional language is a must;
- Deep connection with one or more cultures from Most of the World (Africa, Asia, Latin America, indigenous cultures)
- Profound interest in global issues of relevance to the Club of Rome (societal transformations; climate issues; energy transition; biodiversity; comprehensive sustainability);
- 2-3 years’ experience in project coordination and management;
- Knowledge of and belief in guiding vision and objectives of The Club of Rome;
- Excellent organisation and time management skills;
- Professional-level computer literacy.
- This is a full-time (40h/week) position based in Cape Town under South African law with an initial one-year contract renewable, and competitive salary;
- We offer a friendly, open-minded, and creative working atmosphere within a small team working in different locations;
- The position involves remote working with travel to the Club’s HQ in Winterthur, Switzerland or the satellite office in Brussels, Belgium, or other meeting locations as required.
How to apply
Send the following documents to email@example.com indicating the post you are applying for:
1. Motivation letter (max. 2 pages) including salary expectations
2. CV with ID document
3. Contact details for two referees and your relationship to them
Application deadline: 17 September 2021
Starting date: As soon as possible
The first round of interviews will be conducted via Zoom.
Successful candidates will be invited to a personal interview