12 October 2021 –
- Located anywhere – work from home, digital nomad but must be available for daily meetings in the European timezone.
- Salary: 75K- 95K Euros per annum, depending on experience and location
- 12-month contract with a possibility of extension.
- Consultants/freelancers considered
- Full-time (40 hours per week) or 4 days per week.
We are looking for a Campaign Leader on a mission to change the world. We need a future where our societies generate good lives for all, GDP has failed as a measure of success. Earth4All is creating a unifying vision for our collective future on Earth. Can all of humanity prosper and thrive on a stable, resilient Earth?
Yes it can.
This new international initiative is a partnership between the Club of Rome, Norwegian Business School, Stockholm Resilience Centre and Potsdam Institute and is made up of leading scientists, economists and communicators. It is built around the five viable economic pathways that must be scaled immediately (energy, food, equality, poverty, empowerment of women) to stabilise Earth and support thriving societies. The conclusion is unequivocal: only systems-level change driven by all of today’s movements working together will succeed.
That’s where you come in – we need an experienced Campaign Leader who can lead, marshall and manage the incredible Earth4All knowledge, influencers and teams to maximise our impact.
You will be responsible for designing, leading and delivering an Earth4All campaign that will achieve lasting change with governments around the world.
This role is the oil in the machine that will enable the brilliant Earth4All team of scientists, economists and influencers to maximise their impact, by creating and leading strategies, tools, tactics and activations that engage with multilateral processes (e.g. Stockholm +50, G20), influential NGOs, business networks, opinion formers and the media as well as catalysing a global public conversation. We are a campaign in start-up mode, so you will need to build and mould a Campaign Team from the existing team as well as engaging new staff, freelancers and agencies.
Key skills and experience
- An experienced campaign leader who has an iron grip on how to organise a campaign from strategy and tactics through to impact and evaluation.
- Proven ability to design and lead an integrated campaign across policy, advocacy, media and public campaigning.
- We can build the team around the right person however we would be looking for campaigning experience in some of the following areas:
◦ Engaging multilateral processes such as G20, Stockholm +50
◦ Global news and media
◦ Engaging major business networks and opinion formers
◦ Engaging with large NGOs from a variety of sectors: environment, development, equality and justice.
◦ Global public engagement campaigns – across digital, PR, social media, influencers
◦ Grassroots campaigning networks
- A strong leader who excels at both collaboration and stakeholder management at senior levels
- Background in campaigns based on science / working with scientists and academics is desirable
- Experience of working with funders
- Our ambition is to design a campaign that is inclusive, diverse and has global resonance – practical experience of working in this way is desirable; the desire to work in this way is a must.
- Experience of matrix team leadership as well as line management and agency experience. As the team grows we anticipate this role will oversee campaign manager/s and intern/s, comms experts (e.g. media lead) as well as oversight of comms agency relationships
- Fluent English – other languages desirable
- We are open to both consultants or a fixed term contract, in either case the commitment is for a minimum of 12 months. Extension subject to funding.
- A full-time position is 40 hours per week under Swiss law, we are open to 4 days per week for the right candidate.
- Salary will be dependent on location and experience
- We offer a friendly, open-minded, and creative working atmosphere within a small team working in different locations
- The position involves remote working with possible travel to the Club’s HQ in Winterthur, Switzerland or the satellite office in Brussels, Belgium, or other meeting locations as required.
- 25 days holidays per annum (based on full time position)
How to apply
Send the following documents to email@example.com indicating the post you are applying for:
1. Motivation letter (max. 2 pages) including salary expectations
3. Contact details for two referees and your relationship to them
Application period: Open until filled
Starting date: As soon as possible
For any questions please contact Philippa Baumgartner at firstname.lastname@example.org