Earth4All Communications officer/coordinator/all rounder
Location: Anywhere, work from home, digital nomad
10-month contract with a possibility of extension.
We are looking for a communications coordinator on a mission to change the world.
We are an international project and campaign in start-up mode. We move fast and fix things. Our work is about new economic ideas, pathways to sustainability, and grabbing this moment as hard as we can. We’re here to put a dent in the world in 2022. We are called Earth4All. We are a partnership between the Club of Rome, Norwegian Business School, Stockholm Resilience Centre and Potsdam Institute.
You are a campaign or communications officer or manager (an all rounder) with a passion for science, economics and sustainability. You are a community builder, a networker, an events organiser, an energiser and catalyst. You can write and edit. You have a track record of doing wonderful things for people and planet.
The successful candidate will be highly organised with excellent time management and able to work on multiple tasks. You will be a team player who is adaptive and is comfortable working in a small team, whilst being able to take ownership of your workload and responsibilities and open to growing within the role.
- With our strategic communicators you will implement our communications strategy and help develop our campaign.
Digital, networks, media and design
- Build relationships with key organisations and influencers
- Develop social channels
- Develop communications assets
- Manage website
- Write and edit web news and maintain listings, blogs etc
- Produce newsletters
- Event and webinar planning and execution
- Support event and webinar marketing
- Assist in managing team speaking engagements at international public events, workshops, roundtables, press conferences e.g. coordinating on logistics with event organisers
- Assist with administrative aspect of event organisation e.g. collating and maintaining calendar of events (on our CRM system Salesforce and in planning document), speaker pitches, and contact information
- Tracking and processing event feedback from attendees/colleagues/organisers
- Five years experience working on international campaigns or communications projects to diverse audiences
- An interest in new economic thinking and global sustainability,
- Understanding and experience working in scientific environments
- Experience in Adobe Suite – e.g. creation of GIFs, social media cards, banners, marketing materials
- Experience interpreting materials in order to develop, write copy and edit content
- Familiarity with WordPress CMS (website content management system)
- Familiarity with Mailchimp
- Familiarity with posting and maintaining mainstream social media platforms
- Highly organised and methodical in approach to work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – professional writing experience
- Flexible, proactive and able to multi-task
- Detail-oriented and able to take ownership of tasks with personal drive and to work with minimal supervision
- Fluent english
- This is a full-time (40h/week) position under Swiss law
- Salary will be dependent on location and experience
- We offer a friendly, open-minded, and creative working atmosphere within a small team working in different locations
- The position involves remote working with travel to the Club’s HQ in Winterthur, Switzerland or the satellite office in Brussels, Belgium, or other meeting locations as required.
How to apply
Send the following documents to email@example.com indicating the post you are applying for:
- Motivation letter (max. 2 pages) including salary expectations
- Contact details for two referees and your relationship to them
Application deadline: 23 July 2021
Starting date: As soon as possible
For any questions please contact Philippa Baumgartner at firstname.lastname@example.org