Values lie at the heart of our common future. The Club plans to encourage a normative discourse on values. Can universal values translate into real actions to protect and preserve our planet? Do we care about the future? Is inter-generational equity a basis for long-term action?
The Club intends to host meetings with thought-leaders and members to discuss these issues and identify where and in what way values can help drive us towards long term sustainability. Specific issues likely to be covered include:
- The Search for Universal Values
- The Drivers of Values and how these change Perceptions and Outcomes
- The role of Education in Values
- The Future of Values and the Value of the Future
- Ethics and the Marketplace: the Ethics of Business
- Consumerism and Values