A political platform for rich nations toward 2050
While rich countries increasingly recognize the need to shift from pursuing higher consumption and income to pursuing higher well-being, the policies needed for this shift are not always so clear.
However, Jorgen Randers found 7 new policies would allow this shift:
1. A guaranteed annual income for all
2. More compulsory vacation
3. An increasing pension age
4. Education that enhances urban living
5. More green stimulus package
6. Measure progress in well-being
7. Use regular polls as the guide
These policies are “politically feasible as they provide a short-term advantage to a majority of voters” writes Randers in an article published in The Solutions Journal.
Read the full article here.